CLS - Special Education Paraprofessional - Transition Program (2 Openings) ESS/Sanville
Company: Adams County School District 14;Allen County Schoo
Location: Commerce City
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Educational Support Services
ADAMS COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT 14
COMMERCE CITY, COLORADO 80022
POSITION: Paraprofessional - Special Education: Transition
- Provide instructional support and assistance in meeting the
educational needs of students, under the direction and immediate
supervision of a licensed school professional.
- Services provided vary based on Individual Education Plans
(IEP) and requirements to provide services in the least restrictive
- Work with special needs students; works closely with the SPED
- Proof of high school diploma or equivalent.
- Additionally, instructional paraprofessionals in Title I
schools or paraprofessionals supported by Title I funds in a
targeted Title I school must have 1 of the 3 following
- 2 years of higher education; an associate's degree or higher;
or a passing score on the state paraprofessional assessment.
- Knowledge of childhood development and behavior management is
- Basic computer skills preferred.
- Colorado Driver's license preferred.
- First Aid and CPR certification required. (Provided by
- Core District Special Education Paraprofessional training or
requirements must be acquired within 36 months of hire.
- Experience working with children with special needs
- Bilingual preferred.
- Support instructional program and provide instructional
assistance for students in individual, small and large group
- Implement approved modifications and/or accommodations of
- Supervise and facilitate student in the classroom and a variety
of settings that may include the lunchroom, playground, field
trips, extra-curricular activities, on-the-job training.
- Help and support student with special needs which may include
emotional issues, self-help skills fine and gross motor, visual,
auditory, physical, medical and health needs, educational,
prevocational and life skills in a least restrictive
- Collaborate and communicate with other special and regular
educators and administrators with regard to academic behavioral
issues and observations. Provide suggestions, feedback and support
to building staff, administrators, parents and outside agencies
regarding effective strategies for facilitating learning.
- Assist the school professional by helping with data collection,
updating records and documentation while helping maintain student
files and class records. Maintain compliance with confidentiality
laws including Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
- Attend and participate in district and building in-service
opportunities and committee work.
- Must be able to work in a one-to-one situation with a
- Must be comfortable and able to perform duties necessary for
toileting /personal hygiene.
- Ability to implement academic curriculum to meet Individual
- Must be able to work with multiple students in varying
- Perform other duties as assigned. SALARY: Classified 192 Salary
Schedule Range 6.
Keywords: Adams County School District 14;Allen County Schoo, Commerce City , CLS - Special Education Paraprofessional - Transition Program (2 Openings) ESS/Sanville, Education / Teaching , Commerce City, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!