Satellite Test Engineer
Company: GENERAL ATOMICS
Location: Commerce City
Posted on: January 10, 2022
General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of
the world 's leading resources for high-technology systems
development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted
aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic,
wireless and laser technologies.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) designs and
manufactures first-of-a-kind electromagnetic and electric power
generation systems. GA-EMS ' expanding portfolio of specialized
products and integrated system solutions support critical fleet,
space systems and satellites, missile defense, power and energy,
and process and monitoring applications for defense, industrial,
and commercial customers worldwide.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Satellite Test
Engineer (Assembly, Integration and Test) working on satellite
systems to join our team located in Centennial, CO. The individual
filing for the Test Engineer position will be an individual
contributor on our satellite test team. The tests that the
individual will be required to support range from engineering
prototypes, production and factory acceptance tests, system and
component level requirements verification tests, and system level
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Satellite system test planning, organization and test
- Satellite system and subsystem test configuration and procedure
development, review and execution.
- Develop and promote satellite assembly, integration and test
flows that include the introduction of new concepts and
- Design and implement test fixtures, including test plans for
both board and system level environments
- Test and troubleshoot complex electronics systems from the
component level to the system functionality level.
- Test and debug, utilizing knowledge of a design with standard
lab equipment to troubleshoot issues that occur during test to
ensure quality final product.
- Support resolution of hardware/software interface problems,
define input/output parameters, and ensure integration of the
entire system or subsystem.
- Formulate and maintain test plans as execution occurs.
- Implement and support quality management in the execution of a
- Apply technical knowledge to determine and set technical
objectives to analyze, investigate and resolve advanced engineering
problems; including future applications, and engineering
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.We recognize and
appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse
backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals
- Must have space systems domain experience.
- Typically requires a bachelors or masters degree in engineering
or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution
and two or more years of engineering experience with a bachelors
degree. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of
- Must have a general understanding of engineering concepts,
principles, and theory with technical experience demonstrating the
application of those concepts while ensuring safety and regulatory
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly and
apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment and
organize work assignments to meet established timetables.
- Good communication, computer, documentation, presentation, and
interpersonal skills are required, as well as the ability to work
both independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to work extended hours as required.
- An EIT (Engineer in Training) certificate is desirable.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance is
required. Each job has a salary range which identifies the minimum,
midpoint (market) and maximum base pay for the job. Pay rates are
established based on the individual's knowledge, skill, experience
and education/training needed to perform the job.
Keywords: GENERAL ATOMICS, Commerce City , Satellite Test Engineer, Engineering , Commerce City, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!