Company: DXP Enterprises, Inc
Location: Commerce City
Posted on: June 16, 2022
Do you want to grow with us? At DXP we are passionate about what
we do and driven to be the best solution for our industrial
customers. Since 1908 DXP has been dedicated to the highest quality
of customer service through our expertise of the products we
distribute and the technical services we perform with a sense of
individual pride and company spirit. Throughout your career with
DXP, we will encourage and empower you to take an active role in
identifying and driving your development, so you feel total
confidence in your ability to achieve ongoing success. We aspire to
be the best solution for the Industrial customers' needs for MROP
products and services through our Innovative Pumping Solutions,
Metal Working, Supply Chain Services and Service Centers. As a DXP,
Pump Application Engineer you will become a respected pump expert
and will make an immediate impact on a multi-million-dollar branch.
- DXP offers the best of a large established company and a nimble
small -business. The advancement opportunities are almost
limitless, many of our Executives started as Application Engineers.
Responsibilities of the Applications Engineer include, but are not
- Design, select and configure pumps and pumping and fluid
- Support the applications engineering department with rotating
equipment sizing, pricing, and quoting. This involves working
closely with both customers directly and outside salespeople.
- Field incoming calls, and emails from customers to discuss
- Make equipment recommendations and prepare quotations.
- Coordinate project bids, encompassing the review of all
specifications and bid documents, the design and selection of
equipment, the preparation of a bid or quotation.
- Assist with the follow-up of quotations. Communicate with
outside sales to determine the best course of action.
- Process orders for new equipment into DXP's business operating
- As a pump expert, provide technical support to outside sales,
service shop, customer service / aftermarket parts group and
- Project manage orders. Maintain organization of order and
project files, monitor status of in-house orders & assist with
project related questions.
- Generate Bill of Materials, and Work Orders, and work closely
with shop personnel during assembly.
- Manage project timelines
- Work with factory personnel to acquire appropriate
documentation for submittals, assemble final manuals, and schedule
equipment start-up and training once a project is completed.
- Occasionally travel with outside sales personnel to visit with
customers to discuss potential grass-roots project, as well as
replacement of existing equipment.
- Participate in applicable equipment training sessions.
- Log all quotations and keep their status up to date. Recent
graduates will be considered:
- Extensive technical training will be provided, the ability to
quickly learn and absorb this is paramount.
- Must be able to work independently as well as work well
together in a cross-discipline team of technical and non-technical
- Ability to work from 8am-5pm Monday to Friday
- Work in an office environment
- Well-organized and self-motivated
- Effective communication skills, verbal and written. Communicate
with both technical and non-technical people. -
- Computer proficiency
- Microsoft Office skills and experience (Outlook, Excel, Word,
- Problem solving skills -The Ideal Candidate would have:
- Engineering Degree (Mechanical or Chemical preferred), others
with technical or science degrees and or relevant experience also
- Knowledge of centrifugal pumps, as well as, mixers, heat
exchangers, valves, piping, and fabricated pumping systems
- Three or more years applicable pump, fluid handling or other
rotating equipment experience.
- Project management experience
- Experience with Epicor Prophet 21 "P-21", DXP's Business
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Sales experience Additional Information: Pay Range: -$60 - $85k
(DOE) Physical Demand: N/A Working Conditions: Office environment
Training/Certifications: General knowledge of rotating equipment
specializing in pumps, water & waste water processes and solving
problems Shift Time/Overtime: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Travel: N/A - Education: Bachelor's degree in engineering or a
minimum of 3 years of relevant experience (Mechanical or -Chemical
Engineers -preferred, other disciplines have been successful) DXP
is always looking for individuals who want to join a team of
employees who have the desire to achieve remarkable accomplishments
together. The culture of the organization is supportive and goal
oriented with high expectations, yet it is an environment where the
team spirit inspires everyone to do their best. All DXP employees
play a vital part in the organization and are treated with respect.
By applying to DXP, you will have the opportunity to speak with
some of the most respected professionals in the industry. -DXP
offers a comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental,
Vision, Flexible Spending, 401(k), paid holidays, Life and
Disability Insurance, and additional supplemental products.
Keywords: DXP Enterprises, Inc, Commerce City , Applications Engineer, Engineering , Commerce City, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!