Field Resident Service Diesel Technician (Eastern CO, Strasburg, Limon)
Company: HONNEN EQUIPMENT COMPANY INC
Location: Commerce City
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Field Service Diesel Technician (Eastern CO, Strasburg, Limon)
Limon, CO Honnen Equipment Co., your authorized dealer for John
Deere Construction & Forestry equipment. Since 1963 Honnen operated
with a philosophy of not just meeting, but exceeding, customers'
expectations. Honnen is one of the oldest and largest John Deere
dealers in North America, now operating out of 11 locations in 4
different states covering the Rocky Mountain Region. Our mission
here is to partner with our customers to provide superior value
through the lowest owning and operating costs while representing
world-class products. We offer our employees full benefits at
competitive premiums as well as a contributing 401K, paid time off,
paid holidays, and a performance based incentive program. For our
service technicians/service staff we offer the opportunity and
training to not only work on John Deere but also on other heavy
equipment products as well. Sound like a team you would like to be
a part of? Complete an application today! Description Independently
performs complex diagnostics, service repairs, rebuilding jobs and
maintenance work on customer and/or dealer owned equipment.
Completes daily tasks at customer job sites in a safe, efficient
and capable manner, using the least number of labor hours
necessary. Essential Job Functions:
- Performs complex diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance
work on customer and/or dealer owned equipment.
- Maintains current knowledge of John Deere and competitor
products and keeps abreast of all changes in various models of
equipment sold and serviced by the distributor.
- Reports each service call or repair job at the end of each
shift, giving the following information: (a) customer's name, (b)
make and model of unit, (c) serial number, (d) hours worked, (e)
travel time, (f) details of work performed, problems encountered,
time required, (g) parts, equipment and supplies used.
- Reports in complete detail as above with regard to warranty
- Brings to the attention of the Shop Manager/Foreman any
additional work required on a unit.
- Notifies Shop Manager/Foreman if equipment or vehicle is not in
serviceable condition or constitutes a safety hazard.
- Keeps service bulletins and parts literature current and
orderly at all times.
- Conducts himself in the presence of customers in a manner which
will retain a good opinion of the company and the Service
- Takes advantage of all opportunities to attend schools and
training sessions in order to upgrade technical competence.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations when performing work
- Mentors Service Technicians and Apprentices.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Manager. Requirements
- Associates degree preferred. High School diploma and related
experience in lieu of a degree may be considered.
- Five (5) + years of mechanic repair and maintenance experience
with Heavy Equipment.
- Ability to perform complex service repairs
- Excellent skills in operating vehicles and equipment used for
- Advanced knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic
systems used in the repair of heavy equipment
- Must have a good driving record and CDL or ability to obtain a
CDL. Compensation: $25.00 - $42.00 Hourly DOE PM20 PI182381955
Keywords: HONNEN EQUIPMENT COMPANY INC, Commerce City , Field Resident Service Diesel Technician (Eastern CO, Strasburg, Limon), Engineering , Commerce City, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!