Material Handling Equipment Technician - Now Hiring
Location: Commerce City
Posted on: January 22, 2023
US0059 Sysco Denver (Division of USA I)
Minimum Level of Education:
High School or Equivalent
$22.50 - $30.43
For information on Sysco's Benefits, please visit
$5,000 Sign On Bonus
At Sysco your career moves with you! We currently have technician
position available across the US! We offer relocation assistance
packages to help you make the move to your desired location. We
have strong compensation and benefits to go along with our robust
training program and tool allowance. Here the opportunities are
limitless. Learn more about our available positions across the US
This position maintains all powered industrial equipment in good
working condition to ensure safety, availability, and reduce
- Develops and follows scheduled maintenance plans for all
- Troubleshoot mechanical and electrical problems and identifies
their solutions to correct malfunctions and reduce further
- Maintains inventory for regularly used parts and places parts
order upon Manager approval.
- Repairs any equipment breakdowns or malfunctions of electrical,
mechanical or hydraulic systems to ensure that warehouse functions
are not interrupted.
- Any function that is necessary to maintain equipment in proper
and safe working order.
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or
- Provide own basic mechanical tools.
- May be required to work unusual shifts including evening
call-in and week-end as needs arise.
- May be required to continue education by attending training
seminars for equipment maintenance.
- Must be certified to operate all warehouse equipment.
- Ability to use tools as necessary for repair equipment.
- Able to see into small areas to diagnose problems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- This work requires the following physical activities: driving,
climbing, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting, reaching, sitting,
standing, walking, lifting up to 100 lbs. of material, finger
dexterity, grasping, repetitive motions, speaking, hearing and
- Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle,
or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and ability to adjust focus.
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
associates within this classification. It is not designed to
contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all
duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates
assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over
57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco
operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and
serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and
professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic
organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their
expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals
to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco
is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or
any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: Sysco, Commerce City , Material Handling Equipment Technician - Now Hiring, Engineering , Commerce City, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!