Asphalt Equipment Mechanic-Service Technician
Company: Honnen Equipment
Location: Commerce City
Posted on: November 16, 2023
Honnen Equipment Co., your authorized dealer for John Deere
Construction & Forestry equipment. Since 1963 Honnen operated with
a philosophy of not just meeting, but exceeding, customers'
expectations. Honnen is one of the oldest and largest John Deere
dealers in North America, now operating out of 11 locations in 4
different states covering the Rocky Mountain Region. Our mission
here is to partner with our customers to provide superior value
through the lowest owning and operating costs while representing
world-class products.We offer our employees full benefits at
competitive premiums as well as a contributing 401K, paid time off,
paid holidays, and a performance based incentive program. For our
service technicians/service staff we offer the opportunity and
training to not only work on John Deere but also on other heavy
equipment products as well. Sound like a team you would like to be
a part of? Complete an application today! Position Summary:Performs
advanced diagnostics, service repairs, rebuilding jobs and
maintenance work on Road Building Equipment (roto mills, asphalt
pavers, smooth drum rollers, pad foot rollers, cone crushers,
impact crushers) . Daily tasks are completed by our self-motivated,
skillful, and efficient mechanics at our branch locations.
- Performs advanced diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance
work on customer and/or dealer owned equipment.
- Maintains current knowledge of Wirtgen/Kleemann and competitor
products and keeps abreast of all changes in various models of
equipment sold and serviced by the distributor.
- Reports each service call or repair job at the end of each
shift, giving the following information: (a) customer's name, (b)
make and model of unit, (c) serial number, (d) hours worked, (e)
travel time, (f) details of work performed, problems encountered,
time required, (g) parts, equipment and supplies used.
- Reports in complete detail as above with regard to warranty
- Keeps immediate shop area in which he works in a clean and
- Brings to the attention of the Service Manager/Foreman any
additional work required on a unit.
- Notifies Service Manager/Foreman if shop equipment or vehicle
is not in serviceable condition or constitutes a safety
- Returns tools to crib at the end of each shift in a clean
condition ready for the next man to use.
- Keeps service bulletins and parts literature current and
orderly at all times.
- Conducts himself in the presence of customers in a manner which
will retain a good opinion of the company and the Service
- Takes advantage of all opportunities to attend schools and
training sessions in order to upgrade technical competence.
- Associates degree preferred. High School diploma and related
experience in lieu of a degree may be considered.
- 2+ years of experience working on Heavy Equipment
- John Deere Service Technician training completion
- 4+ John Deere Capstones completedKnowledge, Skills, and
- Ability to perform advanced service repairs
- Ability to operate vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic
- Proficient knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic
systems used in the repair of heavy equipment
- Entry level computer skills
- Customer Service mentalityPhysical Effort:
- Moderate physical activity required by lifting/carrying objects
up to 55 lbs.
- Ability to regularly push/pull a maximum force of 115
Keywords: Honnen Equipment, Commerce City , Asphalt Equipment Mechanic-Service Technician, Engineering , Commerce City, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!