Marketing Manager - Year Round
Company: Winter Park Resort
Location: Commerce City
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Please note, this position is located at Winter Park Resort in
Winter Park, CO.
WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW: Who We Are:At just 67 miles away,
Winter Park is the closest major mountain destination to Denver.
Dont be fooled by our convenient location, though youll feel
remotely tucked away in our high-country corner of the Rockies.
With easy access to 765,000 acres of public land, Winter Park is
home to endless adventures and an unparalleled and unfiltered
Colorado experience. Whether you are fulfilling a lifelong dream to
work at a ski resort or you are just wanting a change of scene, we
have great jobs and an awesome experience waiting for you! Who We
Are Looking For:Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers,
adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase new
experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the adventure
that will keep you coming back for more.Whether you are looking to
have your first taste of a winter season in the Rockies or to build
a long-term career, we have something for everyone. We work to
play... Are you in? Perks & Benefits:Theres more than a free season
pass waiting for you! You dont just get a job at Winter Park, you
get an experience and a lifestyle. As a member of our team, youll
enjoy a variety of perks and benefits that are available to our
year-round and seasonal employees. Some examples include:
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all
fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term
disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted
equipment rentals and plenty of opportunities for growth,
advancement & year-round employment! Don't worry the uniforms are
provided! POSITION SUMMARY: Winter Park Resort is seeking a
strategic marketer with strong project management skills to lead
our ancillary business unit marketing plans and maximize spend per
visitor. The Marketing Manager will work closely with various
Resort business units including, but not limited to, Food &
Beverage, Rentals, Retail, Ski + Ride School, and Activities, to
understand their seasonal objectives, strategize with the marketing
team on the most effective tactics to achieve those objectives,
coordinate and manage the execution of strategic marketing plans,
and report on campaign results to both marketing team and business
unit owners. This role will also be responsible for understanding
greater Resort and marketing goals and strategies and be able to
independently prioritize individual department requests based on
the impact to overall Resort KPIs. This role will report directly
to the Director of Marketing. To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. ESSENTIAL
- Regularly meet with business unit Directors and Managers to
understand their products and business unit goals.
- Work closely and align marketing strategies with additional
resort Marketing Manager who oversees driving resort visitation
through lift and lodging packages and promotions, pass holder
communications, and brand advertising.
- Understand our various audiences, what motivates their
behavior, and which products and promotions will be most appealing
- Develop compelling products and promotions to achieve business
- Coordinate and prioritize requests and initiatives based on
business impact and marketing team workload.
- Brief marketing team on business unit needs and work across the
team to build strategic integrated marketing plans that will drive
business unit and resort goals.
- Clearly set expectations with business units and the marketing
department on project goals, roles and responsibilities, KPIs,
strategy, plans, and deadlines.
- Update and maintain marketing calendar with business unit
promotions and messaging strategy.
- Project manage and report on the progress of marketing plan
- Analyze and report on marketing campaign results to the
marketing team and department VPs, Directors, and Managers.
- Provide campaign and product optimization recommendations and
coordinate across necessary teams to implement them.
- Develop and maintain clear processes for gathering new
requests, briefing the marketing team, sharing marketing plans, and
reporting on results. REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Have a broad knowledge of all marketing channels such as web,
e-mail, app, social media, advertising, and signage.
- Ability to clearly communicate and build effective
relationships across all departments.
- Inquisitive and curious mindset with the ability to unearth the
root of a business problem.Strong project management skills and the
ability to work within existing project management tools such as
Basecamp and Airtable.
- Understanding of brand identity and how to maintain brand
consistency across all channels.
- Ability to consider multiple inputs to create a strategic
integrated marketing plan and prioritize projects
- Must have attention to detail, be highly organized, and
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and
creatively solve problems.
- Strong business acumen, sense of ownership, and accountability.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelors degree in marketing or related field preferred, or
equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- 5-10 years of experience in marketing or related field.
- Experience in account management or project management is a
- B2C experience is preferred. Experience in the hospitality,
travel, or ski industry is a plus.
- Passionate outdoor enthusiast with a love for the mountain
lifestyle. WAGE: The base salary pay range below represents the low
and high end of Winter Park Resorts salary pay range for this
position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range
based on various factors including but not limited to experience,
education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of
production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel.
The range listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts total
compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include many
region-specific benefits. Salary pay range: $55,000 - $67,000/year
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to lift, carry, or otherwise move and position a minimum
of 40 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other common office
equipment on a constant basis.
- Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile
devices and basic office equipment on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time sitting, bending,
reaching, and speaking on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time standing, walking,
kneeling, pushing and pulling on an occasional basis.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of
communicating with guests, supervisors, and other employees.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Indoor/Outdoor: This job is primarily inside,
but may require some on-mountain work from time to time. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to
harsh and varying outside weather conditions. Hazardous
Materials/Noise: The noise level in the workplace is usually
moderate. Travel Requirements: Minimal travel required and
primarily in the local area. Hours: This position may be required
to work evenings, weekends, and holidays. OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:
This position description is an overview of the scope of
responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution
of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may
change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During
these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and
willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer
others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of
Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation
of the resort and its associated lines of business. AN EQUAL
OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Winter Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity
Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal employment
opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment.We
do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of
age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability,
sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other
status protected by state or local law.Winter Park Resort will make
reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known
disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to
Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment,
including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline,
termination, and access to benefits and training.This job
description in no way states or implies that these are the only
duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this
document does not create an employment contract, implied or
otherwise, other than an at will relationship. Required
Keywords: Winter Park Resort, Commerce City , Marketing Manager - Year Round, Executive , Commerce City, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!