Events Manager- Year Round
Company: Winter Park Resort
Location: Commerce City
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Please note, this position is located at Winter Park Resort in
Winter Park, CO.
Year RoundWho We Are: At just 67 miles away, Winter Park is the
closest major mountain destination to Denver. Dont be fooled by our
convenient location, though youll feel remotely tucked away in our
high-country corner of the Rockies. With easy access to 765,000
acres of public land, Winter Park is home to endless adventures and
an unparalleled and unfiltered Colorado experience. Whether you are
fulfilling a lifelong dream to work at a ski resort or you are just
wanting a change of scene, we have great jobs and an awesome
experience waiting for you!Who We Are Looking For: Winter Park
Resort is a place for mountain lovers, adventure seekers, and
outdoor explorers. A place to chase new experiences, marvel at the
unexpected, and discover the adventure that will keep you coming
back for more. Whether you are looking to have your first taste of
a winter season in the Rockies or to build a long-term career, we
have something for everyone. We work to play... Are you in?Perks &
Benefits: Theres more than a free season pass waiting for you! You
dont just get a job at Winter Park, you get an experience and a
lifestyle. As a member of our team, youll enjoy a variety of perks
and benefits that are available to our year-round and seasonal
employees. Some examples include:
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all
fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term
disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted
equipment rentals and plenty of opportunities for growth,
advancement & year-round employment! Don't worry the uniforms are
provided!POSITION SUMMARY The Events Manager is responsible for
developing and implementing all aspects of summer and winter event
programming in support of Winter Park Resorts goals and objectives.
In addition, the Events Manager will support the execution of other
brand activations at the resort to create a lively and cohesive
Village and mountain experience.The prime responsibility of the
Events Manager is to build events that add value, increase
animation, drive incremental guest visits, increase revenue, and
ensure efficient use of staff, resources, and facilities. This
position will not work on competitive athletic events, like ski
races, but rather brand activations, base area events and some
non-competitive, on-mountain activations. Must work well under
pressure or tight deadlines as well as be available to work
weekends, holidays, and longer shifts to ensure event success.The
position includes financial and budgetary responsibilities, will
have two full-time direct reports, and will ensure the right
brand-enforcing events are attracted to and hosted at the
- Develop events strategy and plan to drive incremental resort
visits with events, attracting guests by having events that align
with the Resort brand and marketing them.
- Maintain knowledge of events best practices and trends.
- Develop and submit recommendations for the enhancement and
expansion of events and promotions on a regular basis.
- Acquisition of multiple new summer and winter third-party
events. This includes large, multifaceted, and multiday events such
- Collaborate with other members of the Marketing to market and
promote events to drive attendance and awareness. This role is
accountable for effective promotion of events.
- Ensures website and all media outlets are updated with current
- Proactively partner with community to create larger-scale
events that drive business for both the resort and community as a
- Execution of all resort events summer and winter; including
solicitation, development, coordination and attendance for all
- Effectively coordinate and communicate with other departments
to execute events.
- Execute environmental design and on-site branding needs
including sourcing vendors, delivering final design files, and
- Facilitate smooth transitions between normal resort operations
and event operations to minimize event impact on guest
- Book entertainment, act as POC, write and distribute contracts,
and ensure check requests/expenses are submitted in a timely
- Development of rolling action plan to ensure appropriate
planning and promotional timing
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure the production of
and updates to all event-related files and materials.
- Provides supervision and staffing support to all resort
- Develop project management system, timeliness, and
cross-functional team process for events management.
- Manage two direct reports, an Events Coordinator and A/V
Specialist. Hire and manage on-call events staff as needed.
- Maintain budgets, including invoice management, reporting and
entering expenses.As mentioned above, this position will interact
with Marketing, Sales, Lodging, Food & Beverage, Ski and Ride
School, Competition Center, Mountain Operations, Terrain Park
Staff, Guest Services Staff, and Corporate and Promotional
Partners, General Counsel, Risk Management, the Winter Park Fraser
Chamber of Commerce and The Village at Winter Park. Indirect
supervision relates to management and coordination of all elements
of events, sponsorships, and promotions.This job description is an
overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be
an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution
of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position
may change.QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- College degree in related field or commensurate additional
experience (and proven track record in lieu of degree)
- Ski ability at least at an intermediate level, preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years of proven experience in an event
- Proven experience conceptualizing, planning, managing, and
promoting small-to-mid scale events or animation programming
required. Especially preferred in a destination resort, ski area,
hospitality, or outdoor environment.TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS (if
applicable)This position does not require regular travel; however,
from time to time, travel to industry events and other locations
may be required.PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS (samples
provided need to be adjusted to fit position, delete all that dont
apply)This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and
- Able to lift, carry, or otherwise move and position a minimum
of 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other common office
equipment on a constant basis.
- Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile
devices and basic office equipment on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time sitting, bending,
reaching, and speaking on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time standing, walking,
kneeling, pushing and pulling on an occasional basis.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of
communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily- reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.WAGE
The base salary pay range below represents the low and high end of
Winter Park Resorts salary pay range for this position. Actual pay
will vary and may be above or below the range based on various
factors including but not limited to experience, education,
training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of
production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel.
The range listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts total
compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include many
Salary Pay Range: $55,000 - $70,000/yearOTHER DUTIES AS
ASSIGNED:This position description is an overview of the scope of
responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution
of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may
change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During
these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and
willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer
others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of
Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation
of the resort and its associated lines of business.Required
Keywords: Winter Park Resort, Commerce City , Events Manager- Year Round, Executive , Commerce City, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!