Social Media and Content Manager- Year Round
Company: Winter Park Resort
Location: Commerce City
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Please note, this position is located at Winter Park Resort in
Winter Park, CO.
Year RoundWho We Are: At just 67 miles away, Winter Park is the
closest major mountain destination to Denver. Dont be fooled by our
convenient location, though youll feel remotely tucked away in our
high-country corner of the Rockies. With easy access to 765,000
acres of public land, Winter Park is home to endless adventures and
an unparalleled and unfiltered Colorado experience. Whether you are
fulfilling a lifelong dream to work at a ski resort or you are just
wanting a change of scene, we have great jobs and an awesome
experience waiting for you!Who We Are Looking For: Winter Park
Resort is a place for mountain lovers, adventure seekers, and
outdoor explorers. A place to chase new experiences, marvel at the
unexpected, and discover the adventure that will keep you coming
back for more. Whether you are looking to have your first taste of
a winter season in the Rockies or to build a long-term career, we
have something for everyone. We work to play... Are you in?Perks &
Benefits: Theres more than a free season pass waiting for you! You
dont just get a job at Winter Park, you get an experience and a
lifestyle. As a member of our team, youll enjoy a variety of perks
and benefits that are available to our year-round and seasonal
employees. Some examples include:
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all
fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term
disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted
equipment rentals and plenty of opportunities for growth,
advancement & year-round employment! Don't worry the uniforms are
provided!POSITION SUMMARY:The Manager or Associate Manager (DOE) is
responsible for driving resort visits, revenue, and brand awareness
and preference through engaging content across our blog, organic
and paid social media channels, and supporting written content
needs across other digital channels.
- This role is responsible for owning and developing our brand
voice across all digital touchpoints. They will use owned and paid
channels to bring our personality and mission to life in social
captions, blog posts, and short or long-form copy on the website,
email, advertising, and other channels. This includes identifying
and creating key messaging used in marketing campaigns for Lodging,
Activities, Food and Beverage, Ski and Ride School, Paid Ticket,
and Pass Products, in addition to others.
- This role will own and execute our content marketing strategies
for Winter Park Resorts' social channels and blog, in addition to
other sub-brands like Trestle. They will use those strategies to
drive brand affinity and engagement, compel consumers to experience
Winter Park, drive incremental visits to the resort and drive core
business revenue. This role will be a key partner with Business
Unit stakeholders to help drive results. They will work with the
Marketing Associate Manager to develop holistic marketing plans to
meet KPIs with paid social and will work with the Creative and
Content Manager and Digital Content Coordinator to create engaging
and high-performing paid social ads.
- This role will provide regular reporting for content
performance and develop testing strategies for content to ensure
continued engagement and growth across digital channels. They will
be responsible for noticing trends across channels and the industry
to ensure marketing efforts stay relevant and captivating.
- This role will report to the Creative & Content Marketing
Manager who oversees all content marketing for organic and paid
channels including written content and photo/video production. This
role will also have one direct report, the Digital Content
Coordinator, and will be responsible for managing their day-to-day
workload and professional development. This role will be primarily
responsible for written content and will not be required to shoot
photos and videos.
- The Social Media and Content Associate Manager is expected to
approach their role with a data-driven mindset, have a strong sense
of business acumen, and apply creative problem-solving to marketing
challenges.To perform this job successfully, an individual must be
able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without
reasonable accommodations.ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Brand Voice and Copy Writing
- Own and evolve our brand voice across public-facing channels
(owned and paid social, blog, website, email, and third-party
sites) to create a consistent brand presence.
- Work within and adapt writing style to brand standards for
voice, tone, and personality
- Assist with copywriting for marketing materials as needed for
web, email, and other channels needed.
- Can write long-form and short-form copy for traditional and
digital media including video, radio, print, brochures, email,
social, and websites.
- Content campaigns
- Work across the marketing team to establish key product
messaging and create holistic marketing plans.
- Work with resort business units to promote revenue-driving
activities and other needs.
- Can interpret a project/creative brief and create marketing
materials that are on strategy and adhere to all mandatories.
- Blog content and strategy
- Lead blog strategy to drive brand affinity and engagement,
compel consumers to experience Winter Park, drive incremental
visits to the resort and drive ancillary resort business
- Manage blog to be a relevant and compelling key marketing
- Ensure brand and accurate content, and overall blog
- Promote blog content across digital channels
- Social media
- Lead organic social media marketing strategy for Winter Park
Resort and Trestle Bike Park across all channels including
Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tik Tok, YouTube, and Pinterest.
- Create content and posts that promote Winter Parks experience
holistically, while adhering to brand guidelines
- Work with operations and PR to address news, updates, concerns,
and timely information, while balancing promotional posts
- Analytics reporting and optimization of social media
- Paid media and analytics
- Work with Creative and Content Manager to select creative for
paid social media campaigns, provide insights from prior campaigns
and industry trends, and write copy for paid social ads.
- Manage in-house paid social media budget and work with the
Marketing Associate Manager to establish an effective and
informative testing strategy.
- Understand and consider industry and channel trends, while
working with Alterra Mountain Company's social team to provide
recommendations for expanding the brand within digital channels and
- Deliver regular reports around social content performance, blog
views, digital marketing channel integration, and more, based on
relevant KPIs and brandSUCCESS FACTORS:
- Must be detail-oriented and have a strong sense of
accountability and ownership over their work.
- Strong written skills with an understanding of brand voice and
adapting voice to different audiences.
- Must be able to work under minimal supervision and act as a
problem solver, creative thinker, and self-starter.
- Proven ability to manage and develop talent.
- Must maintain a sense of curiosity and foster a department
culture of innovation, collaboration, and accountability and be
successful in experiential hospitality and promotionally driven,
fast-paced, metrics-oriented company.REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3-7 years of related experience in social media, content, or
- Experience in hospitality, travel, or experiential brand
- At least 1 year of management experience is strongly
preferred.WAGE: The base hourly pay range below represents the low
and high end of Winter Park Resorts' hourly pay range for this
position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range
based on various factors including but not limited to experience,
education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of
production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel.
The range listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts'
total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include
many region-specific benefits.Salary Range: $50,000 -
$75,000/yearPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:The physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to lift, carry, or otherwise move and position a minimum
of 40 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other common office
- Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile
devices, and basic office equipment constantly.
- Ability to work for extended periods sitting, bending,
reaching, and speaking constantly.
- Ability to work for extended periods standing, walking,
kneeling, pushing, and pulling on an occasional basis.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of
communicating with guests, supervisors, and other employees.WORKING
CONDITIONS:Indoor/Outdoor: This job is primarily inside, but may
require some on-mountain work from time to time. While performing
the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to harsh and
varying outside weather conditions.Hazardous Materials/Noise: The
noise level in the workplace is usually moderate.Travel
Requirements: Minimal travel required and only in the local
area.Hours: This position may be required to work evenings,
weekends, and holidays.OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:This position
description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities for the
role described above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the
responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates
associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change,
this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept
new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also
be the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a
positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its
associated lines of business.AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:Winter
Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to
the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term,
condition, or privilege of employment.We do not discriminate
against applicants or employees based on age, race, sex, color,
religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender
identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by state or
local law.Winter Park Resort will make reasonable accommodations
for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so
would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park Resort. This
policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job
assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to
benefits and training.This job description in no way states or
implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this
position. I understand that this document does not create an
employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an at-will
Keywords: Winter Park Resort, Commerce City , Social Media and Content Manager- Year Round, Executive , Commerce City, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!