VP of Logistics
Company: CS Recruiting
Location: Commerce City
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Our client is a fuel, lubricants, DEF, and premium additives
wholesale distributor based in Denver, Colorado. Theyserve a broad
range of commercial and industrial fuels and lubricants accounts,
as well as retail gasoline outlets throughout the Rocky Mountain
Region. Theyalso own two convenience stores in Northern Colorado
and one in the Denver Metro area.
VP of Logistics
The VP of Logistics strategically manages the Logistics Division.
In this role you must achieve customer satisfaction while
maximizing productivity, efficiency, and financial performance.
Job Type: Full-time
- This position directly supervises the Operation Managers,
Safety & Compliance Manager and Fleet Manager.
- Evaluate operations and services, develop metrics, and
recommend and implement long-term and short-term strategies.
- Execute relevant projects, use of new technology, and industry
best practices in assigned areas.
- Oversee budget management, evaluate fiscal metrics, and adjust
activities to meet or exceed performance expectations and maximize
profitability of the Logistics Division.
- Develop standardized operating processes and procedures for the
safe and efficient delivery of fuel.
- Implement policies and enforce them consistently.
- Champion efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures, and the
implementation of changes as they pertain to areas of
- Forecast staffing, workload, and performance results to meet
- Formulate training and incentive plans, maintaining efficient
team structure and performance through analytics, processes and
tools that meet future needs.
- Conduct audits to ensure compliance with DOT records, safety
- Measure and report on the overall effectiveness of company
equipment programs and maintenance and inspection programs on a
- Manage existing and develop new vendor relations and strive for
continuous improvement on pricing and service.
- Negotiate contracts, purchase agreements and maintenance
service agreements for the company's equipment needs.
- Manage existing and develop new freight-only customer
- Manage driver personnel: oversee hiring, training, performance
review, corrective actions, scheduling, time and labor review.
- Lead and manage diligence and integration streams in merger and
- Budget and maintain multi-year capital expenditure
- Frequent out of state travel to the various operational
- High school degree or equivalent, bachelor's degree in related
- 7-10 years of work experience in transportation, maintenance,
or fleet operations, which includes supervisory experience
- Ability to exercise initiative, sound judgment and decision
making within the scope of authority
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to manage, motivate,
and lead a team of employees which may include up to 6 supervisors
and 300 plus drivers
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and the ability
to collaborate with others
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to multi-task, and
attention to detail
- The ability to implement policies and processes and enforce
- Ability to solve operational problems and deal with a variety
of variables in situations where minimal standardization
- Knowledge of DOT, Hazmat and OSHA compliance regulations
- Intermediate computer skills with a strong working knowledge
This position offers a competitive base salary.
Related to:Freight, Freight Delivery, Transportation Logistics,
Logistics, Transportation, Trucking, Truckload, Supply Chain,
Shipping, Asset, Asset Brokerage, Fleet, Terminal, OTR, Fleet,
Dedicated, Owner-Operator,Tanker, Bulk, Heavy Haul, hopper,
specialized, over weight, special permit, liquid bulk, dry
bulk,Oil, Gas, Gasoline, Petroleum, Oil Rig, Oil Extraction, Oil
Exploration, Oil Refining, Fuel, Oil Tankers, Pipelines, Oil Patch,
Petroleum Products,FMCSR, OSHA, MC#, MC Number, Carrier Compliance,
CFR Regulations, Federal Safety, State Safety, DOT, CMV Operation,
Driver Qualification Files, DQF, Motor Carrier Regulations, Carrier
On-Boarding, Claims, Insurance,freight operations, customer
service, tracking, tracing, pricing, planning, driver dispatching,
post-delivery, transactional freight, shipment, delivery,VP, Vice
President, Regional Vice President, President, Executive,
Keywords: CS Recruiting, Commerce City , VP of Logistics, Executive , Commerce City, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!