Futures Operations Manager, Colorado Rapids
Location: Commerce City
Posted on: January 13, 2023
In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply
now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the
application process on the follow-up screen.
Job Title: Futures Operations Manager Department: 00043S - SOCCER -
YOUTH ACADEMY Business Unit: KSE Location: Commerce City, CO-Dick's
Sporting Goods Park Reports To: Academy Technical Director
Employment Type: Full Time - Hourly - Non-Exempt Supervisor
Position: No Kroenke Sports & Entertainment (KSE) is an American
Sports and Entertainment holding company based in Denver, Colorado.
KSE is committed to providing world class sports and entertainment
for both live and broadcast audiences. We are the employer of
choice as the owner and operator of Ball Arena, DICK'S Sporting
Goods Park, the Paramount Theatre, 1STBANK Center, Denver Nuggets
(NBA), the Colorado Avalanche (NHL), Colorado Mammoth (NLL),
Colorado Rapids (MLS), Altitude Sports & Entertainment, Major
League Fishing/Fishing League Worldwide (MLFLW), Winnercomm,
Outdoor Sportsman Group and SkyCam.
Nature of Work:
Responsible for Colorado Rapids Academy Futures Program Operations
management. The Colorado Rapids Futures Operations Manager is
charged with using their experience, training and best judgement to
ensure all aspects of the Futures program run in an efficient,
organized and cost-effective manner.
Examples of work performed:
- Manage Academy Futures Program communication including weekly
updates, travel and event schedules and the sharing of Academy
- Manage all registration activities for the Futures program,
including but not limited to general registration, league
registration and special event registration.
- Manage player records - including up to date individual files
and player database.
- Manage & update MLS & Colorado Rapids mandated paperwork.
- Manage the organization and execution of Futures events such as
Orientation/Player Evaluations/Competition Schedules/Travel.
- Manage the booking of Academy Travel in accordance with KSE
Travel Policy. Discretion to determine best travel itinerary
prioritizing player welfare within budget guidelines.
- Support Academy travel as needed - act as player chaperone &
coordinate player transportation and meals.
- Develop and build training field needs in collaboration with
Academy Operations Manager. Use judgement and discretion to
determine optimal field schedule from a player development,
facilities and cost perspective. Serve as the primary contact for
field reservations with DSGP and other venues.
- Manage Referee bookings & payment for games as necessary.
- Serve as the primary Futures contract with KSE accounting
including the submission of regular monitoring and internal budget
reporting, check requests and related budget related activity.
- Liaise with Colorado Rapids communication department
- Manage Game Day Operations for all Futures Program home
fixtures. Responsible for collaborating with DSGP field operations
and Medical department to ensure competition environments are safe
and appropriately prepared for competition.
- Other duties as assigned.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general
level of work being performed, it is not intended to be
all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to
time and/or based on business needs. We reserve the right to add or
delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the
supervisor and/or hiring authority.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Stand and walk 1/3 to 2/3 of time.
- Sit up to 1/3 of time.
- Talk or hear 2/3 or more of time.
- Use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms,
climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl up to 1/3 of
- Lift up to 50 lbs. up to 1/3 of time.
- Moderate to loud noise.
- Outdoor weather conditions 1/3 to 2/3 of time.
- Clear vision at 20", depth perception and ability to adjust
- US Soccer "B" License or equivalent combination of coaching and
playing experience. o US Soccer "A" License preferred.
- Professional playing experience preferred.
- Material and Equipment Used:
- General office equipment including copier, fax, phone,
computer/keyboard, etc. Company vehicles.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to acquire or produce and maintain a valid Colorado
- Ability to create spreadsheets and routine business
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and multi-task
- components of soccer.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire, motivate and educate youth
- Demonstrated ability to teach techniques, tactics, physical and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of MLS Homegrown Player requirements.
- Knowledge of professional sports team operations, public
- Knowledge regarding player development.
- Organizational and personnel management.
- Word and Excel software
- --- Compensation
- 12 Paid Company Holidays
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-term Disability
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending plans (FSAs)
- 401K plan
All applicants for employment at KSE may be required to be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment.
Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be
required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their
first day of employment. Applicants with qualifying disabilities or
bona fide religious objections, or who are pregnant, may be
exempted from this requirement or otherwise accommodated if they
are unable to be vaccinated.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kroenke Sports & Entertainment (KSE) provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and
prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard
to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability
status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to
all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Keywords: AEG, Commerce City , Futures Operations Manager, Colorado Rapids, Executive , Commerce City, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!