EMT Per Diem
Location: Commerce City
Posted on: June 18, 2022
Overnight Shift:5 PM to 2 AM -Concentra, one of the largest health
care companies in the nation, has an opening for an Emergency
Medical Technician. As an Emergency Medical Technician at
Concentra, you will learn and grow, making a positive difference in
the patient experience and quality of care. Working one-on-one with
patients as a health care provider, you will deliver routine
medical care and monitor the flow of patients. Just as critical, we
will look to you to mentor and encourage your team members to
succeed. -The experience you will gain in this role is limitless,
as are the career opportunities within Concentra. - -
JOB SUMMARY: -
- Attends emergency medical requests as they arise, and renders
advanced paramedical assistance to seriously ill or injured
patients as required.
- Performs initial first aid assessment and management of illness
or injury to patients in accordance with specified protocol and
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of patients for
transport, ensuring compliance with emergency medical transport
regulations, protocol, and procedure.
- Provides direct patient care as required in each individual
- Leads, guides, and/or assists in the training of lower level
techs and/or students, as specifically assigned.
- Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and
objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety,
environmental, and/or infection control standards.
- Inspects emergency medical equipment to ensure serviceability
and compliance with safety and infection control regulations and
- Completes and transfers patient care information and records as
per established procedures.
- Conduct alcohol and urine drug screening for new hires and
employees as directed and needed. Procedures for these must be in
accordance with federal law and established procedures.
- TB skin testing, flu injections, Hep B vaccinations depending
on licensing State Statues.
- Conduct CPR/First Aid/Bloodborne Pathogens Training.
- Coordinate hearing conservation program as required.
- Track and file Hazard Assessments as required.
- Assist with OSHA Recordkeeping (300 Log).
- Certification as an Emergency Medical Technician.JOB RELEVANT
- 12 months experience in job related field.JOB-RELATED
- Demonstrated knowledge of clinical procedures.
- Demonstrated medical knowledge, techniques and information
needed to treat injuries.
- Demonstrated ability to administer first aid/emergency
- Demonstrated ability to speak effectively and convey
information to supervisors, peers and customers.
- Demonstrated knowledge of human behavior and performance.
- Demonstrated ability use judgment and perform critical
- Demonstrated ability to operate and control equipment or
systems.WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS: -
- Clinic Environment
- Ability to exert 20-50 pounds of pressure.
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information,
requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
-Concentra is an Equal Opportunity Employer, -including
disability/veterans - -This position is eligible to earn a base
compensation rate in the state range of $17.00 -to $23.87 hourly
-depending on job-related factors as permitted by applicable law,
such as level of experience, geographic location where the work is
performed, and/or seniority.
Keywords: Concentra, Commerce City , EMT Per Diem, Healthcare , Commerce City, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!