Surgical Technician Part Time
Company: Denver ASC
Location: Commerce City
Posted on: January 22, 2023
JOB TITLE: Surgical Technologist Part Time
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Physician and/or Registered Nurse
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: -
Surgical technologists, also called scrubs and surgical or
operating room technicians, assist in surgical operations under the
supervision of surgeons, registered nurses, or other surgical
personnel. Surgical technologists are members of operating room
teams, which most commonly include surgeons, anesthesiologists, and
- A graduate of an accredited surgical technologist
- Must be certified to perform CPR with 0-2 years of clinical
experience in a related field.
- Prepares and maintains medical equipment for surgical
- Before an operation, surgical technologists elp prepare the
operating room by setting up surgical instruments and equipment,
sterile drapes, and sterile solutions.
- Follows hospital regulations and industry procedures to tend to
patient during pre-operation procedures.
- Performs pre-operation preparations to the patient's skin, body
and medical equipment.
- Assemble both sterile and non-sterile equipment, as well as
adjust and check it to ensure it is working properly.
- Get patients ready for surgery by washing, shaving, and
disinfecting incision sites.
- Transport patients to the operating room, help position them on
the operating table, and cover them with sterile surgical
- Observe patients' vital signs, check charts, and assist the
surgical team with putting on sterile gowns and gloves.
- Pass instruments and other sterile supplies to surgeons and
- Hold retractors, cut sutures, and help count sponges, needles,
supplies, and instruments. Help prepare, care for, and dispose of
specimens taken for laboratory analysis and help apply
- Operate sterilizers, lights, or suction machines, and help
operate diagnostic equipment.
- After an operation, help transfer patients to the recovery room
and clean and restock the operating room.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS: -
- Ability to be on your feet for long periods and lift or turn
- Requires sitting and standing associated with a normal office
environment. - - -
- Ability to concentrate for periods of up to four hours
- Ability to communicate verbally both in person and on the
- Ability to use computer keyboard and to view a computer
- $22.00 -- $33.00 per hour, -based on skill and experience
For Benefit Eligible Roles, Standard Benefits include: -
- Health and dental insurance
- Vision benefits
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Flexible spending accounts
- Additional optional benefits
Link to additional Surgery Partners Colorado opportunities: -
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for
meeting job requirements. - Responsibilities, knowledge, skills,
abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
Keywords: Denver ASC, Commerce City , Surgical Technician Part Time, Healthcare , Commerce City, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!