Guest Service Agent - Full & Part Time - Winter Season
Company: Winter Park Resort
Location: Commerce City
Posted on: January 13, 2022
WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW:WHO WE ARE: At just 67 miles away,
Winter Park is the closest major mountain destination to Denver.
Dont be fooled by our convenient location, though youll feel
remotely tucked away in our high-country corner of the Rockies.
With easy access to 765,000 acres of public land, Winter Park is
home to endless adventures and an unparalleled and unfiltered
Colorado experience. Whether you are fulfilling a lifelong dream to
work at a ski resort or you are just wanting a change of scene, we
have great jobs and an awesome experience waiting for you!WHO WE
ARE LOOKING FOR: Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers,
adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase new
experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the adventure
that will keep you coming back for more.Whether you are looking to
have your first taste of a winter season in the Rockies or to build
a long-term career, we have something for everyone. We work to
play... Are you in?PERKS & BENEFITS: Theres more than a free season
pass waiting for you! You dont just get a job at Winter Park, you
get an experience and a lifestyle. As a member of our team, youll
enjoy a variety of perks and benefits that are available to our
year-round and seasonal employees. Some examples include:
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all
fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term
disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts,
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted
equipment rentals and plenty of opportunities for growth,
advancement & year-round employment! Don't worry the uniforms are
provided!POSITION SUMMARY:The Guest Services Agent is responsible
for providing exceptional guest service by assisting guests with
information, selection of appropriate Ski & Snowboard School
lessons/programs, rental products, season passes & lift tickets,
tours, directing expectations and processing sales. The Agent is
responsible for daily reporting and accounting procedures to verify
all sales of lessons, tickets and tours and balancing the value of
products sold with monies received. The Agent provides information,
answers questions, handles complaints and assists each guest
regarding lessons, special programs, tours and tickets, slope
conditions, lift and trail access, and general information about
the Winter Park/Fraser area. The Agent must maintain a friendly,
sincere and professional manner and be willing to share their
enthusiasm for winter sports and the Fraser Valley experience.
Ongoing learning and professional common sense are needed to
support guest and company needs. The Agent consistently follows
Intrawest/Winter Park Operations Corporation policies and
procedures set forth in the Employee Handbook.ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Greet guests in a friendly and professional manner. Answer
general and specific questions, giving accurate information.
- Assist with selection of appropriate lessons, special programs,
season passes & lift tickets, activities tickets & information,
tours and bike rental packages by verbally communicating complete
details of all products, prices and pertinent information.
- Responsible for working knowledge of all lessons, special
programs and procedures and lesson locations, rental packages, lift
tickets, season pass products, tours, product pricing, WP programs
- Participate in lessons and tours to fully understand and
experience on-hill operations.
- Be familiar with all rental equipment to fully understand and
experience differences in products.
- Be current on weather and snow conditions, special events and
promotions within Marketing/Sales, Competition Center, the Town of
Winter Park, and general ski area information.
- Learn and maintain an excellent working knowledge of the
computerized product sales system, including sales, discounts,
comps, accounts receivable, returns, refunds, payment types and
operation of printers.
- Process lessons, rentals, tours, and ticket & pass sales;
collect payment and give correct change; process tickets, vouchers,
liability release forms, and rental forms. Direct guests to
appropriate meeting place and time. Set expectations for lesson,
program or tour. Direct guests to complete risk management
information where applicable.
- Coordinate lessons/tours and students/participants with on-hill
bike supervisors and tour guides, through personal, radio and
telephone communication. Direct group leader in locating bike
patrol to file liability release and emergency care consent
- Collect guest comment information, obtaining guest data when
designated and process information appropriately.
- Professionally handle guest complaints and help solve guest
- Prepare daily cash summary by counting and recording all monies
received. Sales range from approx. $100 to $40,000+ per drawer per
day. Produce daily-computerized sales reports, accounts receivable
reports, comp reports and provide backup for all discounts, comps,
returns, refunds and replacements. Accurately balance sales report
against cash report.
- Maintain awareness/general knowledge of where to direct groups
or their members for scheduled equipment fit
times/lessons/tubing/etc. and knowledge of Group Desk location for
the purpose of directing groups or their members for ticket issues,
group rate additional purchases, injury returns/refunds, etc.
- Complete all data entry of Childrens Center participant
information and file all forms appropriately.
- Responsible for being informed on all special promotions within
- Learn all Bike School, Tour Center, Activities, Pass & Ticket
sales policies and procedures, as well as on-hill operations.
- Agents are responsible for the selling of tickets at the
correct discounted price and during the correct time frame, as set
forth by the Marketing Department. Agents must maintain accuracy
while working with several different Travel Agent and Wholesale
prices on any given ticket.
- Attend regular staff meetings to discuss work assignments and
review updates on pertinent information. Read staff notes and
company memos daily.
- Maintain sufficient supplies, forms, brochures and ticket stock
- Assist lobby, wait-lines, specific programs and tour check-in
- Maintain a friendly, congenial and helpful attitude, while
effectively dealing with guests and other employees. Show
cooperation and pleasant attitude. Strive to facilitate an
atmosphere of teamwork.
- Report and/or correct unsafe conditions regarding equipment,
work area and ski area in general.
- Maintain a neat, organized and clean work area.
- Keep information boards, brochure racks and map boxes stocked
and orderly.This job description is an overview of the scope of
responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job
tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and
position, the responsibilities of this position may
change.EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: EDUCATION:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Second language desirable.EXPERIENCE:
- One year cashiering experience, retail sales, front desk,
accounting or equivalent.
- Basic computer skills, typing/keyboard.
- Good communication skills essential.
- Experience in guest service, public relations and public
speaking desirable.QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Must be able to perform well under pressure and have the
ability and maturity to field complaints and deal with guest issues
in a professional, caring, effective manner.
- Intermediate level skiing/snowboarding ability desirable.
- Minimum one season experience with Winter Park Resort
preferable.PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:OFFICE
- Able to lift, carry, or otherwise move and position a minimum
of 20 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other common office
equipment on a constant basis.
- Auditory and visual acuity to operate computers, phones, mobile
devices and basic office equipment on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time sitting, bending,
reaching, and speaking on a constant basis.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of
communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate
and controlled. The noise level in the work environment is usually
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8
hours in length at a time over an average shift of 8 hours.To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily - reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.OTHER DUTIES AS
ASSIGNED:This position description is an overview of the scope of
responsibilities for the role described above. With the evolution
of Winter Park Resort, the responsibilities of this position may
change as may the dates associated with many of the tasks. During
these times of change, this position requires the flexibility and
willingness to accept new responsibilities and potentially transfer
others. It will also be the responsibility of any employee of
Winter Park Resort to be a positive influence on the transformation
of the resort and its associated lines of business.WAGE:The base
hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of Winter
Park Resorts hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will
vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors
including but not limited to experience, education, training,
location, merit system, quantity or quality of production,
responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range
listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts total
compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include many
region-specific benefits.hourly pay range: $16.50 - $21.00 per
hourAN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:Winter Park Resort is an Equal
Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to the principles of equal
employment opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of
employment.We do not discriminate against applicants or employees
on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or
any other status protected by state or local law.Winter Park Resort
will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with
known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue
hardship to Winter Park Resort. This policy governs all aspects of
employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation,
discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.This
job description in no way states or implies that these are the only
duties to be performed in this position. I understand that this
document does not create an employment contract, implied or
otherwise, other than an at will relationship.
Keywords: Winter Park Resort, Commerce City , Guest Service Agent - Full & Part Time - Winter Season, Hospitality & Tourism , Commerce City, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!