Customer Service Representative - Affordable Prop
Company: DCC Propane, LLC
Location: Commerce City
Posted on: May 5, 2022
Job DescriptionMeet DCC Propane: DCC Propane, LLC, a division of
DCC plc, has served communities for over 70 years providing propane
for residential, agricultural, commercial, and industrial uses, and
water conditioning services since 1962. We are continuing to grow
and are currently represented by a team of over 900 dedicated and
passionate professionals who live and work in 29 states operating
under a number of strong regional brands. The business has
succeeded in maintaining a strong family-feel with an unwavering
commitment to world-class safety standards and customer service
with competitive compensation and benefits.Why Work for
Us?Affordable Propane is part of the DCC Propane family. We
strongly believe in taking care of our employees so that they can
take care of our customers. Our people are what set DCC Propane
apart and are essential to our future growth, whether it is by
welcoming a new brand into the DCC family or a new employee into
our team, we are driven to ensure that our team members have
everything they need to be successful. atone way we do that, both
at work and at home, is by offering a best-in-class benefit plan to
our employees. This includes Medical, Vision, and Dentals plans for
you and your family, as well as supplemental insurance programs,
401(k) retirement plan with company match, and Paid Time Off plus
holidays.The primary purpose of this position is to provide
exemplary customer service to customers. Responsible for helping
customers by providing product and service information in a
confident, friendly, and articulate manner. Duties may also include
upselling as well as other inside sales responsibilities as
assigned. Will be the primary liaison between customer and service
team. To provide service support and coordinate activities in the
area of service to ensure safe, timely and efficient response of
customers' service needs. Where water solutions are offered,
advanced knowledge will be required. There may be some light office
administration responsibilities and assisting with special projects
as assigned. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional customer service through phone and personal
- Resolve or escalate customer inquiries and/or complaints as
- Process counter transactions
- Document and update customer records based upon the
- Process payments and maintain customer accounts.
- Assist with light collections or handle billing inquiries as
- Strong data entry skills and attention to detail needed.
- Must be able to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Provide resolution to gas and /or water service needs of
- Determine that service requests are within the scope of work
performed by Company.
- Maintain and manage parts inventory.
- Ensure all paperwork is complete and accurately submitted in a
- Take responsibility regarding all aspects of daily tasks and
- Maintain professionalism, integrity, security, image and
confidentiality of information and records as required by the
- Attend all safety meetings, training and/or in-services.
- Regular attendance at the worksite is required. Qualifications:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and build rapport
- Exercise solid organizational and communication skills.
- Good phone skills and computer literacy (MS Office).
- Ability to work independently and effectively manage time.
- Must be dependable with a stable work history.
- Ability to follow verbal and written directions.
- Ability to maintain stability under pressure and be flexible
and willing to modify plans and behavior when necessary.
- Effectively collaborate with leadership and employees to
establish goals and standards.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to customer service and
- Ability to be a positive representative of the Company both
internally and externally.
- Ability to work with respect and cooperation at all times with
fellow employees and customers.Experience/Education:
- High school diploma / GED is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in an office environment
- Customer service or inside sales experience
preferred.Travel:Local Travel only.Physical Requirements:The
physical demands described are representative of those that must be
met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions
of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is
regularly required to:
- Sit for extended periods of time, stand, walk, bend, crouch,
squat, and twist on occasion.
- Perform light lifting of supplies and materials from time to
- Communicate with and exchange information verbally and in
- Move about in an office environment.
- Work using repetitive motion.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
ability to adjust focus.
- Work requires physical efforts associated with using the
computer and phones to access information.Working Environment:The
work environment characteristics described are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is:
- Regularly in an office environment.
- Regularly interrupted to meet the needs and requests of fellow
employees and/or customers.
- Regularly required to manage a number of tasks at one
- Regularly experience a busy environment that will require
excellent organizational and time and stress management
- Regularly exposed to sensory demands due to excessive computer
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
moderate.This position is required to be performed at the work site
during regularly scheduled hours. Physical presence at the work
site is required. EOE Statement:All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Keywords: DCC Propane, LLC, Commerce City , Customer Service Representative - Affordable Prop, Hospitality & Tourism , Commerce City, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!