Fleet Maintenance Supervisor
Night Shift Supervisor!
Join the First Transit team as Fleet Maintenance Supervisor and
supervise the maintenance and repair of buses and support vehicles
to contract requirements. We hire individuals who make safety and
customer service their top priorities. If you have the drive,
confidence, and determination to succeed, we are looking for
First Transit is proud to offer:
* Competitive pay rate on experience & qualifications
* Career advancement opportunities - Advance your career
nationwide within First Transit, Greyhound, First Student, or First
Vehicle Services divisions!
* Excellent benefits packages with paid holidays & vacation,
medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan.
* Ongoing training
* A great work environment!
Maintenance Supervisor responsibilities:
* Schedules and administers fleet maintenance, assists in
troubleshooting problems with equipment. Communicates availability
of vehicles for service with dispatch, maintenance manager and/or
other operations personnel.
* Repairs and maintains diesel engines and bus equipment.
* Supervises maintenance operations. Plans and distributes the
work. Delegates responsibilities as appropriate and monitors
performance. Involved in reviewing personnel actions for
recommendation to Maintenance Manager for review and
* Ensures compliance on a day-to-day basis with RTD, State,
Federal, and Company requirements.
* Works closely with location manager providing status of
compliance with maintenance requirements. Reviews repair orders, as
* May order fuel for all vehicles, order parts, and subcontract
* Initiates and implements projects that improve efficiency
and/or reduce operating costs.
* Supervises bus fueling, building and grounds keeping.
* Completes special projects as assigned. Required to perform
hands-on work activities.
* Plans and schedules the work within company guidelines
* Distributes work to technicians and oversees successful
accomplishment of tasks
* Trains and motivates maintenance staff
Maintenance Supervisor job requirements:
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Technical training preferred
* Possess CDL Operator's license with required endorsements
* 3+ years of hands-on mechanical supervisory experience
* May require lifting of 20 to 50 lbs
* Good written and oral communication skills
* Computer skills
* Industry experience repairing and maintaining diesel engines
and school bus equipment is preferred
* Professionalism, initiative, and leadership
* ASE certifications applicable to bus maintenance.
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract
and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers
annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit
professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport
shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in
the US, Canada and Puerto Rico. With a dedication to safety and
outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from
other providers in the industry.
First Transit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status