Transit Fleet Maintenance Supervisor
Company: First Transit
Location: Commerce City
Posted on: February 18, 2021
Fleet Maintenance SupervisorNight Shift Supervisor!Join theFirst
Transit team as Fleet Maintenance Supervisor and supervise the
maintenance and repair of buses and support vehicles to contract
requirements.We hire individuals who make safety and customer
service their top priorities. If you have the drive, confidence,
and determination to succeed, we are looking for you!First
Transitisproud to offer:
- $67,000 - $70,000 salary based on experience &
- Career advancement opportunities -Advance your
careernationwidewithin First Transit,Greyhound, FirstStudent, or
First Vehicle Services divisions!
- Excellentbenefits packages with paid holidays & vacation,
medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan.
- Relocation assistance may be considered
- Ongoing training
- A great work environment!Maintenance Supervisor
- Schedules and administers fleet maintenance, assists in
troubleshooting problems with equipment. Communicates availability
of vehicles for service with dispatch, maintenance manager and/or
other operations personnel.
- Repairs and maintains diesel engines and bus equipment.
- Supervises maintenance operations. Plans and distributes the
work. Delegates responsibilities as appropriate and monitors
performance. Involved in reviewing personnel actions for
recommendation to Maintenance Manager for review and
- Ensures compliance on a day-to-day basis with RTD, State,
Federal, and Company requirements.
- Works closely with location manager providing status of
compliance with maintenance requirements. Reviews repair orders, as
- May order fuel for all vehicles, order parts, and subcontract
- Initiates and implements projects that improve efficiency
and/or reduce operating costs.
- Supervises bus fueling, building and grounds keeping.
- Completes special projects as assigned.Required to perform
hands-on work activities.
- Plans and schedules the work within company guidelines
- Distributes work to technicians and oversees successful
accomplishment of tasks
- Trains and motivates maintenance staffMaintenance Supervisor
- 3+ years of hands-on mechanical supervisory experience
- Industry experience repairing and maintaining diesel vehicles &
- ASE certifications applicable to bus maintenance.
- H4 - Brakes
- H6 - Electrical/Electronic Systems
- H8 - Preventive Maintenance & Inspection (PMI)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Technical training preferred
- Possess CDL Operator's license with required endorsements
- May require lifting of 20 to 50 lbs
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Computer skills
- Professionalism, initiative, and leadership
- Be subject to a drug testFirst Transit is a leading provider of
transportation contract and management services, moving more than
350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than
19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route,
paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations
at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada and Puerto Rico. With
a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First
Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the
industry.FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also
committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates
applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California,
FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Keywords: First Transit, Commerce City , Transit Fleet Maintenance Supervisor, Other , Commerce City, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!