Company: Hooper Corporation
Location: Commerce City
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Assists in planning,
implementing and supervising all field project related safety
programs and policies. Qualified candidate will posses exceptional
leadership and communication skills to procure the highest level of
cultural safety awareness throughout the organization.
- Provide unwavering leadership for
safety in the organization; work to control and eliminate hazards
of the working environment; support field crews in all aspects of
safety, employee engagement in safety; and support the safety goals
and objectives of the Company.
- Trains field personnel in OSHA
and company policies and procedures.
- Conducts all aspects of new
employee orientation and training programs for field
- Participates with project
management and field crews in pre-planning job site safety
- Enforces safety policies to
include advising on, and facilitating employee disciplinary actions
- Conducts and documents site
safety inspections to ensure compliance with safety and health
programs; identifies unsafe working conditions; initiates
corrective actions; completes detailed safety audit reports and
distributes to appropriate parties.
- Conducts timely incident
investigations and RCA (root cause accident) investigations as
needed; files all appropriate reports and communicates with
management as needed.
- Maintains a working knowledge of
the latest developments in construction industry safety field;
develops safety training/education programs and implements those
programs in a comprehensive and professional manner; documents
training and education programs per Hooper Corporation system
- As required, acts as OSHA liaison
to outside parties, insurance representatives, etc. Coordinates and
facilitates regulator (OSHA) inspections to include preparation of
written appeals in response to citations.
- Performs additional assignments
as directed by the Safety Manager/Direct Supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and
- BS Degree in occupational
safety/health or equivalent
- CPR/First Aid/AED
- OSHA 10/30 Construction Trainer
and CUSP (Certified Utility Safety Professional) Desired by not
- One to five years construction or
industrial safety experience with strong interest in safety
- Working knowledge and ability to
enforce all federal, state, local and Company safety regulations.
Knowledge of OSHA 1926.269 Subpart V Electrical Power Transmission
& Distribution desired.
- Ability to recognize unsafe or
hazardous working conditions and implement corrective measures as
- Strong interpersonal and group
presentation skills required.
Description of physical
- 80% field construction site work
and 20% office environment; performs safety related tasks in all
- When in the office, regularly
works from a sitting position with a computer. Repetitive typing
and computer use required. Regular bending, twisting, and light
lifting is common.
- Ability to climb up and down
ladders and steps, work on uneven ground, muddy/slippery and icy
- Drive short, medium, and long
- Travel with some overnight stays
- Extended or non-standard hours as
Keywords: Hooper Corporation, Commerce City , Safety Specialist, Other , Commerce City, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!