Parking Attendant - Winter Season
Company: Winter Park Resort
Location: Commerce City
Posted on: January 4, 2022
WINTER PARK RESORT OVERVIEW:Who We Are:At just 67 miles away,
Winter Park is the closest major mountain destination to Denver.
Dont be fooled by our convenient location, though youll feel
remotely tucked away in our high-country corner of the Rockies.
With easy access to 765,000 acres of public land, Winter Park is
home to endless adventures and an unparalleled and unfiltered
Colorado experience. Whether you are fulfilling a lifelong dream to
work at a ski resort or you are just wanting a change of scene, we
have great jobs and an awesome experience waiting for you!Who We
Are Looking For:Winter Park Resort is a place for mountain lovers,
adventure seekers, and outdoor explorers. A place to chase new
experiences, marvel at the unexpected, and discover the adventure
that will keep you coming back for more.Whether you are looking to
have your first taste of a winter season in the Rockies or to build
a long-term career, we have something for everyone. We work to
play... Are you in?Perks & Benefits:Theres more than a free season
pass waiting for you! You dont just get a job at Winter Park, you
get an experience and a lifestyle. As a member of our team, youll
enjoy a variety of perks and benefits that are available to our
year-round and seasonal employees. Some examples include:
- Free season pass to Winter Park Season and free access to all
fifteen Alterra Resorts throughout North America.
- Discounted tickets for your friends & family
- Medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short term & long-term
disability insurance, EAP, HSAs, FSAs for eligible employees
- 401(k) plan with generous company match for all employees
- Paid parental leave of up to 6 weeks for eligible
- Generous food & beverage and retail discounts,
- Onsite employee childcare based on availability, discounted
equipment rentals and plenty of opportunities for growth,
advancement & year-round employment! Don't worry the uniforms are
provided!POSITION SUMMARY:The Seasonal Parking Attendant will
follow all Winter Park policies and procedures, all applicable laws
(federal, state, and local), and all health and sanitation
codes.The base services department is currently accepting
applications for part time seasonal parking attendants (weekends
minimum 2 days a week up to 5 hour shifts) to begin around
mid-December. Ability to work additional hours during holiday
periods preferred. Parking attendants perform all tasks necessary
to provide parking, traffic, and shuttle services at Winter Park
Resort - directing vehicles into parking lot spaces; maintaining
traffic flow at intersections, roads, and transportation circle;
monitor and assist vehicles and pedestrians, assisting guests and
employees in a friendly and helpful manner.Familiarity with Winter
Park Resort, town and valley is desirable. Experience working with
the public in high volume situations desirable. Must be in good
physical condition able to withstand sub-zero temperatures for
extended periods. Applicant must demonstrate an ability to work
independently.To perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or
without reasonable accommodations.ESSENTIAL DUTIES:General
Responsibilities:This job description is an overview of the scope
of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of
job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and
position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
- Direct vehicles into parking lot spaces. Maintain traffic flow
at intersections, roads, and transportation circle.
- Monitor and assist vehicles and pedestrians in skier drop off
- Perform traffic hut duties including opening and closing
procedures; control of vehicles into reserved parking, pay lot,
disabled parking, skier drop off; pickup; and transportation
circle; and collecting and securing pay lot fees.
- Perform sign and cone set up/take down procedures including
cleaning and repairs.
- Assist guests in loading and unloading town and outlying
shuttle buses. Assist guests to proper walkways, facilities, and
exits. Monitor orderly flow of pedestrians through traffic.
- Public and employee safety
- Be alert for potential hazards involving vehicles, pedestrians,
and equipment. Take responsible action to prevent accidents.
- Report and/or correct any unsafe conditions.
- Follow, consistently, safety procedures and utilize appropriate
- Assist with vehicle, public, and employee accidents as
required. Follow accident reporting procedures.Other Duties:
- Assist guests and employees with directions and information in
a friendly, professional manner. Effectively handle first-line
conflicts and problems.
- Operate resort vehicles (if approved driver).
- Assist grounds crew with general duties, snow removal, and
sanding duties around assigned work area.
- Pick up litter and remove trash in parking lots, skier drop
off, and transportation circle.
- Control special event and VIP parking areas during special
- Assist local police or sheriffs office, security, and/or ski
patrol with emergency evacuation and accident response.
- Perform other duties as assigned.This job description is an
overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be
an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution
of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position
may change.REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Valid Colorado drivers license; clean Motor Vehicle Record
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and public relations
- Physical requirements: Withstand extreme cold for periods of up
to four hours.
- Ability to operate 4x4 trucks, shovel/scrape ice
- High School Diploma or GED (general education diploma)
- Familiarity with Winter Park Resort and surrounding services;
town and valley desirable.
- Some experience working with public preferred.WAGE: The base
hourly pay range below represents the low and high end of Winter
Park Resorts hourly pay range for this position. Actual pay will
vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors
including but not limited to experience, education, training,
location, merit system, quantity or quality of production,
responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range
listed is just one component of Winter Park Resorts total
compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include many
region-specific benefits.hourly pay range: $15PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
& WORKING CONDITIONS:To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily- reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED:This position description is an
overview of the scope of responsibilities for the role described
above. With the evolution of Winter Park Resort, the
responsibilities of this position may change as may the dates
associated with many of the tasks. During these times of change,
this position requires the flexibility and willingness to accept
new responsibilities and potentially transfer others. It will also
be the responsibility of any employee of Winter Park Resort to be a
positive influence on the transformation of the resort and its
associated lines of businessAN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:Winter
Park Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is dedicated to
the principles of equal employment opportunity in any term,
condition, or privilege of employment.We do not discriminate
against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex,
color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation,
gender identity, veteran status, or any other status protected by
state or local law.Winter Park Resort will make reasonable
accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities
unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Winter Park
Resort. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including
selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination,
and access to benefits and training.This job description in no way
states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed in
this position. I understand that this document does not create an
employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an at will
Keywords: Winter Park Resort, Commerce City , Parking Attendant - Winter Season, Other , Commerce City, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!