Location: Commerce City
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Company:US1119 FreshPoint Denver, Inc.Zip Code:80216Minimum
Level of Education:High School or EquivalentMinimum Years of
Experience:1 YearEmployment Type:Full TimeTravel
Percentage:0Pay:$14.38 - $19.38BENEFITS INFORMATION:For information
on Sysco's Benefits, please visit https://SyscoBenefits.comPay:
$17.00/hrJOB SUMMARYResponsible for general cleaning, sanitation
and janitorial for the facility including warehouse and production
- Clean and sanitize different types of machinery, support
equipment, and conveyors.
- Clean and sanitize floors, walls, and specific work areas.
- Clean, mop, sweep, and other general warehouse maintenance
- Prioritize work orders in importance of departmental
- Responsible for adhering to all Food, Sanitation and Safety
- Responsible for adhering to proper handling of all produce
according to SQF standards.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the facilities property by picking
up trash/debris throughout the property and by addressing all
opportunities to improve sanitation.
- Maintain sanitary conditions in the facility to include
collection and disposal of all warehouse and facility trash or
debris daily and clean up all spills.
- Work effectively with immediate supervisor to minimize
warehouse shrink (product loss).
- Responsible for the neatness and cleanliness of assigned work
areas and travel aisles.
- Report to the supervisor immediately any unfixable/unsafe
- Observe and enforce all safety rules to reduce accidents and
- Operate appropriate material handling equipment such as
forklifts and pallet jacks in a safe and orderly manner to reduce
accidents and injuries.
- Ensure that material handling equipment is maintained
(inspected daily) and clean, report repair or service needs to
supervisor to reduce equipment damage.
- Understand and comply with all applicable company policies
(i.e., attendance, Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, Associate
- Complies with all applicable State/Federal laws, regulations,
and policies (i.e., OSHA, HACCP, AIB, etc.).
- Adherence to work schedule.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
preferred, or equivalent combination of education and
- One-year on-the-job sanitation / maintenance experience
- Understanding of general building sanitation /maintenance.
- Experience operating a pallet jackRequirement
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must work independently with minimal supervision and have
strong attention to details.Certificates, Licenses, and
- Certification on material handling equipment or the ability to
become certified.Language Skills
- Must have the ability to read and comprehend simple
instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Read and write simple correspondence.
- Speak effectively with co-workers and in small group
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units
of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
- Requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to
carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form,
and the ability to deal with standardized situations with
The working conditions and physical demands described are
representative of those that must be met by an associate to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
An individual should contact his or her supervisor or the Human
Resources Department if he or she believes that an accommodation is
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel
objects, tools, or controls.
- Usually required to stand and walk, reach with hands and arms,
climb or balance, talk and hear.
- Required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds, occasionally lift
and/or move between 41 and 50 pounds, and seldom lift and/or move
51 pounds and up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those associate encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job.
- This is a full-time position.
- The incumbent must have the ability to work a varying schedule
nights, weekdays or weekends, and some holidays.
- Work hours may vary, or change based on departmental
- The job is primarily performed in a warehouse environment.
- Regularly exposed to fast-moving material handling equipment or
other mechanical equipment.
- Frequently exposed to freezer/cooler warehouse
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, high,
precarious places, vehicle emissions, toxic or caustic chemicals,
outside weather conditions, and high voltage electrical equipment
- The noise level in the work environment usually is loud.HOW WE
PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATESCOVID-19 Precaution(s):
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in
placeOVERVIEW:Sysco is the global leader in foodservice
distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over
13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution
facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer
locations.We offer our associates the opportunity to grow
personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a
dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds
their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working
individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you
why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
STATEMENT:Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the
United States.We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants
without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability,
veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state
or local law.This opportunity is available through Sysco
Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Keywords: FreshPoint, Commerce City , Sanitation Associate, Other , Commerce City, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!