Facility Maintenance Technician
Company: Waste Management
Location: Commerce City
Posted on: January 5, 2022
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading
provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North
America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating
excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves
nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial
and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of
collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling
facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Performs various routine duties, housekeeping, clean-ups and a wide
variety of skilled mechanical duties to install, troubleshoot,
repair, and modify mechanical equipment and facilities.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may
- Fills in various areas due to overloads or absences.
- Performs basic electrical and carpentry work.
- Weekend Compliance. Assist facility maintenance technician sr
with the following duties:
- Plans and lays out work using blueprints, drawings, and general
- Performs maintenance tasks, troubleshooting and repairing a
wide variety of equipment.
- Repairs systems requiring the isolation and replacement of
- Performs preventative maintenance tasks as required.
- Fabricates and weld parts as required including pipes,
equipment and structural steel.
- Does plumbing, HVAC, carpentry, and electrical repair or
installation as required.
- Provides assistance, training, and leadership to mechanics with
- Perform special projects and other duties, such as writing
preventative maintenance instructions from manufacturers
- Complete necessary forms and records.
- Operates Heavy Equipment or other company vehicles (examples
manlift, rough terrain, forklift) as needed.
- Reference site-specific procedures and more detailed
site-specific job descriptions.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the
qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Not required
- Experience: Four years relevant work experience and/or
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Certificates: May be required for operating specific
- Current valid Driver's License Requirements
- NEW EMPLOYEE TRAINING
- Pre Employment Physical and Drug Test C. Other Knowledge,
Skills or Abilities Required
- Proficiency in welding techniques; knowledge of safety
procedures and practices necessary while operating or repairing
equipment; skill in operating tools equipment, parts and procedures
utilized during the repair and servicing of equipment; skill in
repair of special purpose equipment; ability to perform repairs on
a variety of equipment; and ability to utilize fleet maintenance
software program may be required. V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and
work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such
as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) All of work day; most of
the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than
__ pounds occasionally;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as
cuts, burns, exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals, etc)
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves
dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements
Normal setting for this job is: facility maintenance shop/disposal
site; repair/maintenance shop.
PAYRATE: $18 hour
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive
total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase
Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive
Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that
benefits may vary by site.
Keywords: Waste Management, Commerce City , Facility Maintenance Technician, Professions , Commerce City, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!