Company: AZZ Inc.
Location: Commerce City
Posted on: May 13, 2022
AZZ Galvanizing - Denver General Description This position is
responsible for operating a gas or electric powered forklift truck
to move, stack, load, or unload materials, parts, finished goods,
etc. Education, Certifications, Licenses & Registrations A high
school diploma or equivalent is required. A certified forklift
operator is preferred. Experience At least one to three years of
loading/unloading steel is required. Specialized Knowledge and
Skills Knowledge of raw materials, production process, quality
control and costs, knowledge of hand tools and equipment as
described above. - Knowledge of specific and general safety
policies and procedures as relates to the plant and the position.
- Responsible for transporting goods from one location to another
in a safe and controlled manner.
- Moves material to and from storage and production areas, loads
docks & delivery vehicles by forklift, hand and other
- Receives written or oral instructions for work assignments,
determines applicable material and equipment needs.
- Attaches identifying tags to material and/or marks them with
- Carries out general housekeeping duties such as sweeping and
picking up discarded material.
- Confers with leads and/or supervisors to report material
conditions that could result in production or customer
- Assists in proper loading and unloading of customer
- Visually inspects all equipment (i.e. forklifts, cranes, etc.)
for any safety or mechanical problems before operation.
- May assist with training new forklift operator employees. Work
Environment Consists of smoke, irritating particular impurities,
chemical fumes and hot and cold temperatures. Physical Demands
Majority of the time is spent standing, walking, stooping,
reaching, and bending. Must be capable of lifting up to 50 lbs.
Must have good eye hand coordination. Schedule Full Time - 50+
hours per week -
Keywords: AZZ Inc., Commerce City , Forklift Operator, Professions , Commerce City, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!