Senior Distribution Automation Engineer
Location: Commerce City
Posted on: June 19, 2022
This role is in Denver, CO. Relocation offered!
DISH is a Fortune 200 company with more than $13 billion in annual
revenue that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our
legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo,
including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry
in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service,
taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and
grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it
again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service - Sling TV
- that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly
new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and
unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win -
it's in our DNA. We're looking for people with boundless energy,
intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team
as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
DISH's manufacturing team ensures the high quality condition of
millions of satellite receivers and remote controls.
State-of-the-art facilities in El Paso, TX, Spartanburg, SC, and
Englewood, CO, use advanced diagnostic tools and automated
equipment to test, refurbish and redistribute hardware to
As a member of the Distribution Engineering team, you will be
supporting, enhancing and improving existing systems and processes
used in our sites. You will spend most of the time leading and
implementing automation projects and processes.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates in the development, installation, testing and
configuration of automation equipment and the subsystems.
- Develops and implement automation improvements to existing
mechanical assembly, machining, and inspection processes to improve
product quality, increase throughput, decrease cost, and maintain
- Lead initiatives and projects to improve process efficiencies
- Utilize engineering skills to design and develop automated
processes and systems.
- Integrate hardware and software to support processes for
existing and new systems.
- Perform analysis of operations to identify opportunities and
improve throughput of operation.
- Identify the root cause of issues, and implement solutions that
address and prevent them.
- Work concurrently on multiple projects.
- Will be required to write technical documents and train team
Skills, Experience and Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering with a minimum of five years
of experience, or equivalent experience, in a distribution
- Experience with automation and robotics.
- Experience with programming robots and conveyors in a
distribution environment is highly desired.
- Software programming experience. National Instruments LabVIEW
is preferred but knowledge with other programming languages is
- Strong ability to interpret electronic schematics
- Ability to troubleshoot test system software, instrumentation,
Demonstrate ability to:
- Work effectively in a group development environment
- Effectively diagnose technical issues and propose reasonable
- Demonstrate strong initiative and ability to work in a
- Present information to top management, public groups, and/or
boards of directors.
Compensation: $76,300.00/Year - $109,000.00/Year
- Our greatest benefit is opportunity, as we promote from
- Paid time off - vacation and sick time
- Free DISH TV programming at a value of $114.99/month at your
home, plus deeply discounted SlingTV and Boost Mobile plans
- Paid training
Employment is contingent on Successful completion of a
pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.
Keywords: DISH, Commerce City , Senior Distribution Automation Engineer, Professions , Commerce City, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!