Natural Gas Estimator (Junior) - Utilities Segment
Company: Primoris Services Corporation
Location: Commerce City
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Primoris Transmission and Distribution natural gas is searching for
a Junior Estimator in Little Canada, MN/ Menomonee Falls, WI
(strong preference for Central US). This position is responsible
for assisting in providing estimating services to deliver
cost-effective and detailed estimates of small, medium, and
large-scale Natural Gas, Distribution, or Transmission construction
projects dependent upon area of expertise. This position is
responsible for the successful estimating of projects accomplished
through managing all aspects of estimate development including
scope, schedule, cost, safety, and quality.
* Estimate projects in accordance with Primoris policies and
procedures with oversight while learning estimating practices and
* Responsible for assisting in and developing possible
opportunities and marketing efforts to foster growth within the
* Prepare work to be estimated by gathering proposals, drawings,
specifications, and related documents.
* Attend customer pre-bid meetings.
* Identify labor, material, and time requirements by studying
proposals, drawings, specifications, and related documents.
* Estimate costs by analyzing labor, material, and time
* Prepare quantity take-offs for use in development of vendor or
* Consult with clients, vendors, and personnel in other departments
or construction foremen to discuss and formulate estimates and
* Present completed estimates by assembling and displaying
numerical and descriptive information.
* Prepare special reports to summarize information and trends.
* Maintain cost data base.
* Confer with engineers, architects, owners, contractors, and
subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
* Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing additional tasks as
* Participate in proposal development effort.
* Provide meaningful performance related feedback/input to
appropriate line management and project team members on
* Assist in project management and cost control efforts as assigned
depending on workload.
* Post-Secondary in Construction Management or related field is
preferred. Will accept 2-3 years or more of practical industry
* Preference of 1-2 years' experience estimating full-time.
* Continuing education in industry specific groups to remain
current on industry standards and requirements in all
* Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including
Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, or equivalent is highly
* Working knowledge of estimation software programs. (Hard Dollar
or Bid2Win is recommended.
* Demonstrated skills in written communications; ability to compose
basic as well as complex technical documents, formal letters,
* Demonstrated skills in oral communications; willingness to make
presentations to large, diverse groups.
* Ability to work in a fast paced, ambiguous environment.
* Proven success in developing and maintaining internal and
external relationships while effectively navigating organizational
* Excellent organizational, planning and time management
* General understanding of Fixed Price, Time & Materials, Cost Plus
and Unit contract pricing mechanisms.
* Self-motivated, self-learner, capable of working autonomously
with ability to work well under pressure, respond appropriately to
changing priorities and unexpected situations.
* Ability to identify opportunities and resolve issues in a timely
* Ability to bid multiple projects simultaneously.
* Understand the business implications of decisions and display an
orientation to profitability.
* Strong analytical skills with a high degree of accuracy and
attention to detail
* Demonstrated leadership, critical thinking and mediation
* Ability to maintain and protect confidential information.
* Ability to accommodate travel schedule.
Primoris T&D is a full-service contractor dedicated to serving
the electric, and telecommunication industry. With over 70 years of
operating experience, our collective services include engineering
and design, installation and maintenance, material and equipment
procurement, and repair of electrical transmission, distribution,
substation, and wireless telecommunication. Our collective
experience ranges from small engineering and consulting projects to
multi-million dollar turn-key distribution, substation, and
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Third Party Agency Notice:
Primoris will not accept any unsolicited resumes from any
third-party recruiting agencies either domestic or international.
Primoris nor its subsidiaries will be responsible for any fees from
the use of any unsolicited resumes either through our ATS or via
electronic mail systems from any agency representative or agency
consultant unless your firm is an approved vendor partner with a
current executed agreement.
Keywords: Primoris Services Corporation, Commerce City , Natural Gas Estimator (Junior) - Utilities Segment, Professions , Commerce City, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!