Shop Service Technician
Company: HONNEN EQUIPMENT COMPANY INC
Location: Commerce City
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Position Summary: Performs advanced diagnostics, service
repairs, rebuilding jobs and maintenance work on customer and/or
dealer owned equipment. Completes daily tasks at company shops in a
safe, efficient and capable manner, using the least number of labor
hours necessary. Essential Job Functions:
- Performs advanced diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance
work on customer and/or dealer owned equipment.
- Maintains current knowledge of John Deere and competitor
products and keeps abreast of all changes in various models of
equipment sold and serviced by the distributor.
- Reports each service call or repair job at the end of each
shift, giving the following information:(a) customer's name, (b)
make and model of unit, (c) serial number, (d) hours worked, (e)
travel time, (f) details of work performed, problems encountered,
time required, (g) parts, equipment and supplies used.
- Reports in complete detail as above with regard to warranty
- Keeps immediate shop area in which he works in a clean and
- Brings to the attention of the Shop Manager/Manager any
additional work required on a unit.
- Notifies Shop Manager/Foreman if shop equipment or vehicle is
not in serviceable condition or constitutes a safety hazard.
- Returns tools to crib at the end of each shift in a clean
condition ready for the next man to use.
- Keeps service bulletins and parts literature current and
orderly at all times.
- Conducts himself in the presence of customers in a manner which
will retain a good opinion of the company and the Service
- Takes advantage of all opportunities to attend schools and
training sessions in order to upgrade technical competence.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Manager. EDUCATION AND
- Associates degree preferred.
- High School diploma and related experience in lieu of a degree
may be considered.
- Three (3) + years of mechanic repair and maintenance experience
with Heavy Equipment.
- Ability to perform advanced to complex service repairs
- Excellent skills in operating vehicles and equipment used for
- Proficient knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic
systems used in the repair of heavy equipment
- Basic computer and systems ability Compensation: $22.00- $38.00
DOE PM20 PI182381949
Keywords: HONNEN EQUIPMENT COMPANY INC, Commerce City , Shop Service Technician, Professions , Commerce City, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!