Company: Stewart & Stevenson Power Products LLC
Location: Commerce City
Posted on: January 13, 2023
POSITION SUMMARY Responsible for performing standard maintenance
and repair on equipment, structures, utility systems, buildings and
grounds, including painting, insulating, pipe fitting, machining,
carpentry, repairing electrical or mechanical equipment,
installing, aligning, and balancing new equipment, and/or repairing
buildings, floors, or stairs. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Repair or replace defective equipment parts using hand tools
and power tools, and reassemble equipment.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines
continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, and
the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate.
- Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace
filters, and perform other maintenance activities, following
- Assemble, install and/or repair wiring, electrical and
electronic components, pipe systems and plumbing, machinery, and
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them,
checking blueprints, repair manuals, and parts catalogs as
- Inspect, operate, and test machinery and equipment in order to
diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Record maintenance and repair work performed and the costs of
- Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of
- Dismantle devices to gain access to and remove defective parts,
using hoists, cranes, hand tools, and power tools.
- Order parts, supplies, and equipment from catalogs and
suppliers, or obtain them from storerooms.
- Adjust functional parts of devices and control instruments,
using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Paint and repair roofs, windows, doors, floors, woodwork,
plaster, drywall, and other parts of building structures.
- Align and balance new equipment after installation.
- Fabricate and repair counters, benches, partitions, and other
wooden structures such as sheds and outbuildings.
- Lay brick to repair and maintain buildings, walls, arches and
other structures. Salary range is $18 to $25 per hour. Stewart &
Stevenson offers a comprehensive benefit package, that includes
medical, dental, vision and life insurance. Plus vacation, sick
time and holiday pay. QUALIFICATIONS High School Graduate or
General Education Degree (GED) and two to four years related
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her
- Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken
- Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Ability to take care of the customers needs while following
- Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality
- Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined
- Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or
reach a goal.
- Possessing the trait of being organized or following a
systematic method of performing a task.
- Ability to complete tasks or continue in a course of action in
spite of opposition or discouragement.
- Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized
information. SKILLS & ABILITIES Computer Skills Basic computer
navigation and utilization skills required. Certificates & Licenses
Valid drivers license and clean driving record. Other Requirements
Ability to use various types of tools from common hand and power
tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, to
precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic
testing devices required. A general working knowledge of facility
maintenance activities requiredEqual Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Stewart & Stevenson Power Products LLC, Commerce City , Shop Helper, Professions , Commerce City, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!