Company: Republic Services
Location: Commerce City
Posted on: November 18, 2022
POSITION SUMMARY: The Sales Manager is responsible for planning,
organizing, directing and coordinating the activities of the sales
function for an assigned division to effectively execute sales
strategies that will maximize sales volume, drive targeted
profitable growth and professionally develop the sales staff.
- Develop and implement comprehensive business strategies, and
sales and marketing plans that complement the overall operating
plan for the business unit.
- Develop the sales forecast and maintain accountability for
sales goal achievement, including but not limited to respective key
metrics and/or budget achievement.
- Direct a staff of sales and administrative personnel, including
responsibility for hiring, training and performance coaching and
management; complete weekly "ride-alongs" with sales personnel to
provide training and coaching.
- Assist with new customer solicitation, bid preparation and
customer retention strategies.
- Meet regularly with sales personnel to review sales activity
funnel (CRM tool), customer retention and relationship activities,
review sales performance compared to goal, production and training
- Proactively contact assigned accounts to identify customer
needs, changing requirements or potential issues and resolve
- Participate with business unit leadership to develop and
implement pricing strategy to meet Company objectives.
- Maintain an awareness of market behavior and competitive trends
in designated market to anticipate changing customer needs;
proactively manage customer base.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the Company's available
services, lines of business, pricing structures to assist sales
personnel in particular selling circumstances as the need
- Complete all required sales reports in a thorough and timely
- Review Customer Service Agreements for terms and conditions
pricing, accuracy and other requirements.
- Perform other job-related duties, as required.
- Bachelor's degree in sales, marketing, management or similar
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a role that includes
supervising or managing sales personnel and activities.
- Experience developing comprehensive sales strategies.
- Professional presentation; is confident, assertive and displays
a high level of self-esteem.
- Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities
are completed in an efficient manner.
- Good communication skills (written and verbal); is able to
effectively communicate to all levels of management, both
internally and externally.
- Strong active listening skills; gives full attention to what
other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being
made, asking questions when appropriate, and letting others fully
state their ideas.
- Grasps concepts quickly and has good follow through skills;
adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they
arise; maintains a positive outlook.
- Has the ability to identify the information needed to clarify a
situation; seeks information from appropriate sources; has the
ability to tackle a problem using a logical, sequential approach
and can anticipate the implications of actions.
- Is self-motivated; maintains a feeling of pride in work; has a
strong work ethic and strives to achieve all goals; is competitive
and has a strong drive to win; takes appropriate risks.
- Is trustworthy and maintains the highest level of
confidentiality at all times.
- Is high energy, friendly and engaging; has excellent persuasion
skills; can persuade others to change their minds or behavior.
- Has a service orientation; is actively looking for ways to help
- Ability to foster teamwork and enlist the support and
participation of others.
- Demonstrates the ability for innovation and supports
organizational change to enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Is responsible for one's performance and sets clear
expectations for the performance of his or her team.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in a sales role,
including experience in peer leadership or supervision of other
- Valid driver's license.
Salary Range: $99,900 - $149,900
Bonus Plan Details (if applicable): Bonus - MIP, 25% Annual
Why choose Republic?Joining Republic isn't just about taking on a
new job, it's about making a commitment to create a more
sustainable world together. Our people provide an essential
service, serving and impacting customers, neighborhoods, and
communities everywhere.As a company, we are proud of our values and
encourage those who share in our aspirations to join our team:
- We protect our colleagues and communities through safe practices
everywhere, every day.
- We are committed to serving our customers and communities by
going above and beyond to exceed expectations.
- We take action to improve neighborhoods and communities by being
environmentally responsible and creating a more sustainable
- We are driven to deliver results in the right way.
- We encourage a human centered culture that honors the unique
potential and dignity of every person.Republic Services is an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran
status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected
by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general
nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this
position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an
incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a
contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion
of the Company.
Keywords: Republic Services, Commerce City , Sales Manager, Sales , Commerce City, Colorado
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!